Effective as of January, 20, 2019
1. Information We Collect
| || |
Shared with 3rd Parties
|Name||To address you by name when using the bot||No|
|Email Address||Used to connect your chat program account with your Jira account||No|
|Timezone||To send scheduled messages in your local timezone||No|
|Chat username||For @mentions and direct messages in your chat program||No|
|Team Name||For connection to subscription data and reporting||No|
|Team Size||For billing and reporting||No|
|Chat Program Team Id||Used to associate records together||No|
Usage & Issue Data
|Ticket IDs||Example - TIC-XXX Used to control room spam via throttling of notifications||No|
|Interaction Metadata||Types of features being utilized for meta reporting.||No|
No additional data on your issues or interactions are stored by Nextup.ai in conjunction with our Services. We do not have access additional data such as issue descriptions, work logs, assignments, project names, etc in our systems. These elements pass through Nextup's servers in memory over encrypted connections and never stored in persistent storage.
2. Collection of Information.
The Nextup.ai web application allows you to connect your ticketing platform(s) with your chat program to facilitate your workflows and save you time. Through your use of the Nextup.ai Service, we may have access to and/or collect various types of information:
- Personal Information. When you use the Nextup.ai Services, you may provide us with your personally identifiable information either directly or through third party data sources you connect to the Nextup.ai Services (“Personal Information”). This Personal Information may include your first and last name and e-mail when you create an account to log in to our network. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, so that we may send you a reply.
- Confidential Information. When you use the Nextup.ai Services, in addition to Personal Information, you may provide us with information that we should reasonably know is confidential and that you expect to be treated as confidential either directly or through third party data sources you connect to the Nextup.ai Services (“Confidential Information”).
- Information from your chat program. The Nextup.ai Service requires access to your data, as well as the data of your team members, that is stored in or made available to your chat program as contemplated in your chat progam's Customer Terms of Service. We have access to that information, which may include your Personal Information or Confidential Information.
- Web-Browser Cookies. The Nextup.ai Services may use “cookies” to enhance your user experience. Your web browser may place cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. You may choose to set your web browser to reject cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do so, please note that some parts of the Website may not function properly. Please also note that “cookies” are used to collect general usage and volume statistical information that does not include personal information.
- Web Beacons. Our Website may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that are set by our service providers or business partners. Web beacons are used along with cookies enabling us and/or our partners to compile aggregated statistics and analyze how our Website is used. We may use a third party service provider or our business partners to gather information about how you and others use our Website. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Website is used.
- Computer Information. Like most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
3. Use of Information.
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve the Nextup.ai Services, to administer your use of the Nextup.ai Services and to enable you to use and easily navigate the Nextup.ai Services. We may use your Personal Information or Confidential Information to let you know about products or services which may be of interest to you or to personalize the Nextup.ai Service to meet your needs or preferences. This may involve sharing certain Personal Information or Confidential Information, with affiliated companies or third parties.
We may use your Personal Information or Confidential information to improve the Nextup.ai Services, and to deliver the Nextup.ai functionality to you and your team and to improve the performance of our proprietary prediction models.
We do not sell, lease or transfer your Personal Information or Confidential information to third parties, but we may and sometimes shall disclose your Personal Information or Confidential information if any one of the following circumstances occur:
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We also may anonymize or aggregate Personal Information or Confidential Information with the Personal Information or Confidential information of other users (e.g. average performance indicators) so that the information does not identify you and does not identify you as a source of data. Such anonymized or aggregated information does not constitute Personal Information or Confidential Information and we reserve the right to sell, lease or transfer that information now or in the future.
4. Public Information.
If you are a member of a team that has enabled Nextup.ai Services, we may publicly present on our Website (i) your team name and team avatar and (ii) your user name, your first and last name, and your avatar. We will not publicly present your personal team information like reports and direct massages you provide to Nextup.ai.
If you want to be excluded from this section of the usage of the Nextup.ai Service, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Information Security.
The security of your Personal Information and Confidential Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your Personal Information, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. As a result, we cannot guarantee its security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of information at any time.
If you have any questions about security in using the Nextup.ai Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Updates to Information.
If you would like to review or update your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you ever decide to delete your account, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you terminate your account, any association between your account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your account. However, given the nature of sharing on the Nextup.ai Services, any public activity on your account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
7. Google Analytics
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
9. Your Consent
10. Your Rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
11. Recourse, Enforcement, and Liability
Nextup’s participation in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework is subject to investigation and enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Nextup commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Nextup at: email@example.com
Nextup has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the EU data protection authorities (DPAs). If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://edpb.europa.eu/ for more information and to file a complaint. The services of the EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
Under certain conditions detailed in the Privacy Shield, Data Subjects may be able to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission.
Nextup agrees to periodically review and verify its compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, and to remedy any issues arising out of failure to comply with the Privacy Shield Principles. Nextup acknowledges that its failure to provide an annual self-certification to the U.S. Department of Commerce will remove it from the Department’s list of Privacy Shield participants.
12. Accountability for Onward Transfer
In the event we transfer Personal Data covered by this Privacy Shield Policy to a third party acting as a controller, we will do so consistent with any notice provided to Data Subjects and any consent they have given, and only if the third party has given us contractual assurances that it will (i) process the Personal Data for limited and specified purposes consistent with any consent provided by the Data Subjects, (ii) provide at least the same level of protection as is required by the Privacy Shield Principles and notify us if it makes a determination that it cannot do so; and (iii) cease processing of the Personal Data or take other reasonable and appropriate steps to remediate if it makes such a determination. If Nextup has knowledge that a third party acting as a controller is processing Personal Data covered by this Privacy Shield Policy in a way that is contrary to the Privacy Shield Principles, Nextup will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop such processing.
With respect to our agents, we will transfer only the Personal Data covered by this Privacy Shield Policy needed for an agent to deliver to Nextup the requested product or service. Furthermore, we will (i) permit the agent to process such Personal Data only for limited and specified purposes; (ii) require the agent to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Privacy Shield Principles; (iii) take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the agent effectively processes the Personal Data transferred in a manner consistent with Nextup’s obligations under the Privacy Shield Principles; and (iv) require the agent to notify Nextup if it makes a determination that it can no longer meet its obligation to provide the same level of protection as is required by the Privacy Shield Principles. Upon receiving notice from an agent that it can no longer meet its obligation to provide the same level of protection as is required by the Privacy Shield Principles, we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to stop and remediate unauthorized processing.
Nextup remains liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if an agent processes Personal Data covered by this Privacy Shield Policy in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, except where Nextup is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.