Nextup's commitment the protection of your data.
We’re committed to helping Nextup customers and users understand, and where applicable, comply with their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). On this page, we clarify Nextup's role and obligations under the CCPA and provide additional information to help our customers meet their compliance needs.
Note: Nextup does not currently meet the gross revenue threshold for CCPA and does not sell personal data as part of our business model. Our compliance with CCPA is voluntary in support of our customers.
How Nextup complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act
Nextup complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) voluntarily and supports our customers’ compliance with the CCPA. As a provider of enterprise collaboration tools, Nextup is primarily a service provider under the CCPA.
To help our customers meet their CCPA compliance obligations we offer several data management tools, including:
- Investments in our security infrastructure and certifications
- Data Deletion Process. Customers can respond to user requests to delete personal information, such as names and email addresses, from a Nextup account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self Hosting. Complete control of your data with our self hosted enterprise offering with docker.
What kinds of personal information does Nextup collect?
For the specific questions please reach out to our privacy team at email@example.com
How does Nextup fulfill its obligations as a Processor or Service Provider under the CCPA?
Nextup offers our customers a United States specific Data Processing Addendum that supplements the Customer Terms of Service or any MSA. This addendum incorporates the obligations and requirements set forth by the CCPA. Please visit the Data Processing Addenda page for further information and instructions on how to execute and submit the agreement.
As a Service Provider, we also assist customers in their compliance with the CCPA. Nextup will assist with any deletion requests Customers may receive by deleting Customer data upon request. For more information about how Nextup assists with rights requests reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I exercise my consumer rights under the CCPA?
- Right to Know: Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com
- Right to Deletion: Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to delete their personal information. To make a profile deletion request please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request to opt out of sale of personal information: Nextup does not sell personal information as such term is defined in the CCPA and will not sell personal information without providing a future right to opt-out of such a sale.
Consumer requests will be handled within the timeframes set forth in the CCPA.
How does the verification process work?
Nextup takes all reasonable precautions to verify your identity in connection with fulfilling its responsibilities under the CCPA. The verification steps may vary. We evaluate each request based on the individual submitting the request and the category of data related to the request.
To begin the verification process contact us at email@example.com. From there we will walk you through the verification process.
Our Security Infrastructure and Certifications
Protecting our customers’ information and their users’ privacy is extremely important to us. As a cloud-based company we’ve set high standards for security. We’ve received security certifications from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants such as SOC 2 and can be configured for HIPAA compliance.
Nextup has invested in building a robust security team, one that can handle a variety of issues — everything from threat detection to building new tools. In accordance with GDPR requirements around security incident notifications, Nextup will continue to meet its obligations and offer contractual assurances.
If you’d like to learn more about Nextup’s security policies and procedures, please see our security page. It provides detailed information on how we approach security, and includes information on how Nextup ensures user data security in particular, including our technical and organizational measures (TOMs) as well as our encryption standards.
If you would like a copy of our security reports or penetration tests we are happy to provide the details for your teams review.
At Nextup, we are committed to the security and privacy of your data. So we’re glad to comply and help you comply with the CCPA. If you have any questions about your rights under the CCPA as a user or how Slack can help you with compliance as a Customer, we hope you’ll reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also visit our Trust Center to learn more about our privacy, security and compliance programs.